•You really need to record your part in decent quality. Sadly, this means no webcams, cellphones, old cameras, etc. Basically: Nothing less than 360p. 360 is kind of pushing it too. We need good quality videos from you guys, we want the world to be able to actually see you and not blurry pixels! >__<
• Have some sort of lighting! We want to see your face! Work with some lights, see what you can come up with! If you have a hard time with lighting, let me know and I can give you guidance. If you are outside, then you have the sun to work with!
• Have a good setting! Think about your environment! For example, if you're going to cosplay Kuroshitsuji, you wouldn't have modern day cars or your dad watching TV in the background! If you can't get a setting that suits your cosplay, use a blank wall behind you, or get creative and hang up some sheets all nice and pretty! (But don't let them hang all on your head and in your way, it might fall on you! )
• You need to be able to upload your part to Youtube (under "unlisted") in the highest quality you can. This is how I will collect your videos. You can even make a temporary youtube if you need to.
• You have to have a cosplay on. It's a cosplay video.... Please don't do just a random wig and call it cosplay. Ya know? We need official characters here! D:
• HAVE FUN!
So.. can I participate?/Can my friends be in the video with me?
YES! As long as everyone is in cosplay! There are no limits to the amount of people in your video!
Can I be an OC?/Can I do closet cosplay?/Can I do a casual version of a character?
It is preferred that everyone wears canon outfits that the character(s) wear in the show/game/book/etc. If you are an OC, it is preferred that the character is more than just a wig and everyday clothes (basically, no casual). HOWEVER! If you want to add some fun to your cosplay, feel free to add props, santa hats, sunglasses, whatever you want! So long as you are in mostly canon outfits for your characters, all will be good!
Is this limited to a certain show?/Do I get assigned a character to cosplay?
No and no! You cosplay any official character you want! It can be from a game, book, show, etc.
What if I mess up when recording?/Do I need to edit my video before giving it to you?
No problem! Bloopers are welcomed, in fact, I love seeing your bloopers! They might even make it at the end of the video during credits! As for editing, you are free to cut out parts if you want, other than that you do not need to edit anything! Just try not to make your video more than 30 minutes long, as that can take a long time for me to download, go through, and edit. TvT;;;
- Name(s) you want to be credited as:
- I/we will be cosplaying:
- Link(s) you want people to find you at:
Once you have emailed me that information, I will email you back to confirm that I got your message, and I will send you further instructions Once you recieve those instructions, you are free to begin working on your recording!
If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to message me! firstname.lastname@example.org
Yep.. I decided to just go ahead and hold another Secret Senpai event as well.
Please proceed to this link on last year's rules and how to sign up!